Hilton CleanStay with Lysol Protection Hilton has developed a global program that will introduce a new standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure Hilton guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay: Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection. The program has been developed with experts from RB, maker of Lysol and Dettol, brands trusted for safely disinfecting surfaces. In addition, experts from the Infection Prevention and Control team at Mayo Clinic will advise and assist in enhancing Hilton's cleaning disinfection protocols.
Hilton CleanStay builds upon Hilton's already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. The program will feature Lysol's trusted cleaning products, solutions and training in North America. RB and Hilton are also exploring opportunities to expand the program into a global partnership. The program will include:
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms haven't been accessed since they were cleaned
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning for fitness centers
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Industry-leading contactless check-in and check-out with Digital Key at more than 4,700 properties globally
- Evaluation of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitize surfaces and objects
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
The rollout of Hilton CleanStay will begin at Hilton hotels worldwide in June 2020.
Current Health and Hygiene Standards
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our hotels today, developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
We have activated our regional and global response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.